Jonah’s Journey Director of Development
Founded in 1895, the mission of Palmer Home for Children (PHC) is to reflect the hope and love of Christ by providing a stable, long-term Christ-centered home for children who lack an adequate family structure. For more information, please visit www.palmerhome.org
Jonah’s Journey is a ministry of PHC serving incarcerated mothers and their children. Through recruitment, training and ongoing support to caregivers ensuring a consistent relationship between the infant and mother, Jonah’s Journey strives to be a bridge for families with the end goal being healthy and safe reunification. For more information, please visit www.jonahsjourney.org
The Jonah’s Journey Director of Development is a remote, home-based position responsible for building brand awareness and securing financial support. The development team supports the annual operating budget, capital projects and endowment investments through the solicitation of individual donors, foundations, churches, businesses and event sponsorships. The position reports to the Vice-President of Engagement. The Director of Development is expected to work fully within the philosophy, goals and operating procedures of Palmer Home for Children, demonstrating exemplary Christian character, administrative competency and human relations skills. Job performance is reviewed through regular conferences and an annual performance evaluation.
Territory / Status
Nashville, TN and surrounding area
Compensation and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with experience
Palmer Home offers a very competitive benefits package to include Health, Life, 401k w/match, LTD, dental, vision and vehicle.
- Increase awareness and build affinity for Jonah’s Journey through community engagement, facilitating organizational partnerships, special events and/or public relations opportunities.
- Cultivate financial support by developing and maintaining relationships with potential donors.
- Assist as instructed with auxiliary fundraising strategy to support the annual fund, special events or other donor engagement activities.
- Enlist, as appropriate, Board members, the President, and other Palmer/JJ staff to assist in making major gift asks.
- Maintain a current knowledge of tools/techniques related to major and planned gift fundraising.
- Support and assist with fundraising strategies to support the annual operating budget, capital projects and endowment investments.
- Ensure proper acknowledgement and recognition of donors.
- Participate in special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in a related field and a minimum of three year’s work experience directly related to the duties of this position
- Strong interpersonal and human relations skills
- Strong verbal, written communication and project management skills
- Candidate must be detail-oriented, possess a strong work ethic and be self-motivated.
- Ability to demonstrate continued personal and professional growth.
- Must demonstrate a vibrant and growing evangelical faith commitment centered upon a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the personnel so classified
If interested, please forward resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.